If there is a main dish pasta salad or something with kale or bitter greens in your future, you won’t want to make them without adding this Double Mustard Vinaigrette. Mustardy, garlicky, and just a little sweet, this dressing can stand up to your heartiest salads.
Yesterday in our Garden to Table Cooking class, we tossed this dressing into a Gluten-Free pasta salad with chicken sausage, mozzarella cheese cubes that had been marinating in some of this very same dressing, green onion, baby spinach, and fresh herbs. Winner, winner, pasta salad dinner. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1-cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 heaping teaspoons country Dijon mustard (the kind with the mustard seeds)
- 2 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar of your choice
- ½ - 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional – for added sweetness)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine mustards, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil until mixture is emulsified. (You can also do this with an immersion blender, in a blender or food processor). Add salt, pepper, and agave nectar to taste.