Father’s Day is right around the corner, and many of us will be firing up the grill to celebrate our dads. My dad happens to be in Heaven (I hope) but I will still be celebrating him because he was a one-of-a-kind, wonderful guy. This is just about as easy as it gets, but you’d never know it by how delicious these little bites are. For those times when chips and dips just won’t cut it, or if you want something just a little more special and you happen to have the grill fired up, this will do the trick. Quick sear those sweet little mini-peppers until just charred. And either hot off the grill, or at room temperature, smother them in this creamy and just-as-spicy-as-you-like it dip. It’s go time. Make plenty – these guys go fast.
Let’s get that grill fired up and these little guys on to sear. They just take a few short minutes, and you’ll know they’re ready by the grill marks that appear. They will also be slightly soft to the touch if you dare touch them while they are over a hot flame. If you are smarter than I am and decide not to touch them, you can see that they also get a little wrinkly when they’re ready.
The sauce comes together in minutes and all that is required is a food processor or mixing bowl. Just beat all of the ingredients together and add enough sour cream to create the dipping texture you want. If you like spicy dips, get as generous as you like with the Sriracha sauce. I am a wimp so just went with a couple of teaspoons. I like to put them on a platter with the dip in the middle, after sneaking several for myself.
And now for the taste test… oh yeah.
This dip works well with just about anything, so if all the peppers get eaten up, grab that bag of chips, fresh vegetables, or whatever you can lay your hands on and enjoy every last drop. Happy Father’s Day, or happy any day! Thanks so much for reading our blog. xoxoxxo
- 1 bag mini-sweet peppers, rinsed, dried, and drizzled with olive oil and salt
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese (light cream cheese is just fine)
- Sriracha Sauce to taste (I used about 2 teaspoons but I am a wimp)
- Juice and zest of one small lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Set the grill at medium high heat, and grill the sweet peppers until charred on the outside – they should be a little soft to the touch. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, sriracha sauce, juice and zest of lemon, and salt.
- Add enough sour cream to reach the dipping consistency you like.
- Arrange peppers on a platter and place the dip in a separate bowl in the center or nearby.
- Grab a couple for yourself first – it might be your last chance.